Studying in Northern Ireland

CLASSES
• Class structure is very different from the U.S. and may
take a while to get used to. Classes tend to be larger and
more formal with as many as 300 people in a lecture.
Professors may seem less easily accessible than the ones
back home, but they do have office hours and you will
have seminars based on your lectures, usually every week.
The seminars are much smaller, usually with fewer than
25 students.
• Generally you will not be assessed continually as you are in the U.S. A typical class may, for example
have a final exam worth 70 percent of your grade and a paper accounting for the other 30 percent.
• You will take three modules (classes) instead of five. However, this does not mean there will be less
work. Usually each class is worth five credits.
• If you need help, ASK!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s